Young Actors Studio Membership Handbook
Communication and Conduct:
– We pride ourselves on the close knit creative studio and are a place where differences are praised and is a place for young artists to experiment and explore safely to achieve greatness.
– While we recognize everyone has very busy schedules, it is important for members to communicate with the office when they are running late, going to be absent, etc.
– It is imperative that parents/guardians share with us any issues which may impact a member’s participation in training.
-There will be an ongoing automatic monthly charge of $250 on a credit/debit card. The first month’s charge will process on the day registering as a member, future payments will all be processed on the first of the following month (for example, if you sign up on December 15th- this will cover January membership, and so the next automatic charge would be February 1st).
– New members start at the beginning of the upcoming month. For example, if a new student enrolls on October 20th, then their membership will begin on November 1st.
-If a monthly payment date needs to be changed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the monthly charge.
– There are no refunds on current month; however, you may at any time pause, or cancel, membership to stop any future payments. To be clear, pausing or cancelling membership does not provide any refund for the amount already paid; however, it will stop any future automatic payments.-To pause, or cancel, membership please email email@example.com. Your membership will be paused or cancelled on the day we receive an email.
– Studio members can select to participate in Technique on either Saturday or Sunday (2:30PM-4PM); and script work from 4:30PM-6PM.
– Students indicate a day that they prefer to take weekend classes. While students are welcome to take the alternate weekend day class, we encourage students to try and remain on the same day to build consistency.
– There will be no weekend classes the following weeks: the last weekend of December, the first weekend of January, Thanksgiving weekend, and Fourth of July Weekend.
Virtual/ In-Person Instruction:
– Students have the option of participating in our in-person, or on-line classes. Upon registering, new students must indicate which class type they are planning to participate in.
-Students can decide to change to in-person or on-line at the beginning of a new month, provided there are still spaces available.
-Depending on circumstances, the studio may have to return to virtual instruction as external circumstances dictate.
New Works Lab
– What do you do in New Works Lab? Create your own stories for the stage and screen. Join the growing list of award-winning students who’ve written scripts based on the crazy, beautiful, fascinating world they experience. No writing experience necessary, all you need is a love for storytelling and bold, memorable characters. Show up, hear the stories of others, and gain the confidence and inspiration to share your own. The Young Actor’s Studio has developed many award winning young writers, and amazing collaborations between actors and writers resulting in world premiere plays at major theaters and film festivals!
– New Works Lab meets every Saturday from 12:30PM-2PM or Sundays 1PM-2PM.
Private Weekday Coaching:
– Students must book any private coaching sessions for the upcoming week on Monday. All coaching sessions are scheduled to last 30 minutes. Sessions may be extended beyond 30 minutes at the discretion of the instructor.
– Private coaching sessions will be available Tuesday 12PM-2PM and 4PM-6PM; Wednesday 2PM-6PM; Thursday 1PM-3PM; Friday 3PM-5PM.
– Private coaching sessions will not be available the following days: December 23rd- 27th, December 30th- January 2nd. And the following holidays: Thanksgiving (and the day after), Veterans Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day.
– Private coaching sessions will be available by special appointment only, subject to instructor’s availability, in the month of July.
– We will be producing both in-person performances (for local students), and virtual performances (for non-local students) every three months.
– In order to be included in quarterly performances, students must have been present for the two months preceding the quarterly performance. (For example, if a quarterly performance is scheduled for March 30th- then a student must have been enrolled since January 30th.)
– We offer a three week summer program in the last three weeks of July. This program goes Monday- Friday from 9AM-3:30PM. Studio members receive a $250 discount if they’d like to enroll in the summer program. Studio members can apply their $250 July membership credit towards the summer program.
Use of Studios:
-Students are welcome to book one of our studios for rehearsals, readings, and to work on their craft. Use of studio space is subject to availability.
-Use of studio space can only be for studio related work.
-All participants in the rehearsals, or readings, must also be members of the studio.
-All parents/guardians must sign a waiver understanding that these additional rehearsals/readings will not have direct adult supervision. While a studio employee will be in the facility, they will not provide direct supervision of the rehearsal, or reading.