Young Actors Studio Kids Membership Handbook
Communication and Conduct:
– We pride ourselves on the close knit creative studio and are a place where differences are praised and is a place for young artists to experiment and explore safely to achieve greatness.
– While we recognize everyone has very busy schedules, it is important for members to communicate with the office when they are running late, going to be absent, etc.
– It is imperative that parents/guardians share with us any issues which may impact a member’s participation in training.
-There will be an ongoing automatic monthly charge of $250 on a credit/debit card. The first month’s charge will process on the day registering as a member, future payments will all be processed on the first of the following month (for example, if you sign up on December 15th- this will cover January membership, and so the next automatic charge would be February 1st).
– New members start at the beginning of the upcoming month. For example, if a new student enrolls on October 20th, then their membership will begin on November 1st.
-If a monthly payment date needs to be changed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the monthly charge.
– There are no refunds on current month; however, you may at any time pause, or cancel, membership to stop any future payments. To be clear, pausing or cancelling membership does not provide any refund for the amount already paid; however, it will stop any future automatic payments.-To pause, or cancel, membership please email email@example.com. Your membership will be paused or cancelled on the day we receive an email.
– Studio members can select to participate in classes on either Saturday or Sunday (10AM-1PM).
– Students indicate a day that they prefer to take weekend classes. While students are welcome to take the alternate weekend day class, we encourage students to try and remain on the same day to build consistency.
– There will be no weekend classes the following weeks: the last weekend of December, the first weekend of January, Thanksgiving weekend, and Fourth of July Weekend.
Virtual/ In-Person Instruction:
– Students have the option of participating in our in-person, or on-line classes. Upon registering, new students must indicate which class type they are planning to participate in.
-Students can decide to change to in-person or on-line at the beginning of a new month, provided there are still spaces available.
-Depending on circumstances, the studio may have to return to virtual instruction as external circumstances dictate.
– We will be producing both in-person performances (for local students), and virtual performances (for non-local students) every three months.
– In order to be included in quarterly performances, students must have been present for the two months preceding the quarterly performance. (For example, if a quarterly performance is scheduled for March 30th- then a student must have been enrolled since January 30th.)
– We offer a three week summer program in the last three weeks of July. This program goes Monday- Friday from 9AM-3:30PM. Studio members receive a $250 discount if they’d like to enroll in the summer program. Studio members can apply their $250 July membership credit towards the summer program.